The Onion states that due to lack of funds, the San Diego Zoo and the Ironwood Prison will be joining forces to create a single-campus that brings together local inmates and wildlife to live together under one roof. The new name? San Diego Maximum Security Zoological & Convict Reserve.
You should read the article, but just for a taste:
“This is, without a doubt, the only facility of its kind,” said warden Jeff Thurston, noting the zoo-prison’s authentic natural environments and thick bullet-proof glass. “At any given time, visitors may be able to spot as many as three parole violators and up to five adult black bears in the same holding cell. During scheduled feedings, that number may be even higher.”
The article also states that a similar merge was done with Orlando’s SeaWorld and the Ryan E. Puttnam Mental Asylum.
Related Travel Guide Topics:
- Zoos and Aquariums in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Fun facts about San Diego and Southern California coast
- Family Vacation Ideas for San Diego, California
- Luxury Vacations for San Diego, Southern California coast
- Romantic Vacation Getaways in San Diego, Laguna Beach, Los Angeles
- Shopping in San Diego, Laguna Beach, Malibu, Los Angeles – California
Filed under: California Dreaming, Kids Travel, Zoo / Animals | Tagged: 2006 Turin, Amazing News, bullet-proof, Cool WebApps, Fundings, Humor & Laughter, Humorous Stories, Jokes & Funny Stuff, San Diego Attractions, San Diego California, Sarah Parsons, Sea World Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Short Hilarious Jokes, Southern California Attractions, Text Jokes, warden |