New England is poised to put on quite a Fall Foliage display this year – Fall 2009. Hurricane Bill has passed with minor damage – the leaves are still on the trees waiting for the autumn weather to arrive. Its just around the corner – by mid-September, the show starts at the higher elevations. As in the past, we have to stay flexible – we suggest visiting our friends at Foliage Network for the latest Fall Foliage Reports. The best fall foliage viewing in the US is in New England (fans of the golden Colorado fall colors may disagree), so we will pick from these destinations for a few weekend “Fall Foliage Staycations” this year:
- Around Columbus Day more people show up in Vermont than have ever lived there. Vermont Fall Foliage is truly world-class. Combined with some harvest festivals and visits to quaint towns and you can’t go wrong. If the kids are not impressed by the views, take them to Ben and Jerry’s factory of overload them on maple sugar.
- Maine Fall Foliage is best along the coast. You get the colorful leaves as well as a rocky coast. Something you will not get in Vermont.
- If Vermont is too quaint and Maine too far, go for some historic and urban Boston Massachusetts fall foliage, which is also a good idea once the Vermont colors have peaked. Another choice urban spot, on the border of New England is New York City – think Central Park, the Cloisters, the Ice Age ponds of Alley Pond Park and more for some subway-accessible NY foliage.
- Also bordering New England – Hudson Valley and Catskills Fall Foliage is a great day trip from New York. Try a biplane ride in Rhinebeck or enjoy the views from the Hudson River mansions.
Have a fun fallstaycation! Save some vacation time for ski season.
- west virginia fall foliage
- fall foliage pa
- adirondack fall foliage
- maryland fall foliage
- fall foliage in Colorado
- new york state fall foliage
- new mexico fall foliage
- pittsburgh fall foliage
- Hotels Blog
- AA Code share Blog Post
- Shopping Malls Blog Post
- Minnesota Blog Post
Filed under: Boston Spirit, Holiday Ideas, Outdoor Travel | Tagged: Abuse Of Authority, acela, Aircraft Industry News, anti-semites, Beach Bum, Beyond Geekiness, Delete Key Awards, Discount Travel, Go Transit, Hows The Weather, Leisure Travel, Other Peoples Greatness, Research Diary, Social Phenomenon, Terminals, User Comments |