The school year has finally begun and with it, curriculum finalizations and field trip bookings. Teaching in New York City should be every teacher’s dream—while one does need to be careful about crowds, the field trip possibilities are truly endless and the entire city becomes an extended classroom.
So for all you teachers out there (or just if you’re visiting NYC with kids), here is a list of great field trip locations in New York City:
- American Museum of Natural History
- Bird Watching in Central Park and the Central Park Zoo
- Bronx Zoo
- Statue of Liberty National Monument
- New York City Hall
- Lower East Side Tenement Museum, maybe better for older kids.
- New York Hall of Science
- Ellis Island
- Skyscraper Museum
- New York City Fire Museum
- New York City Police Museum
- Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art
- Children’s Museum of the Native American
- Children’s Museum of the Arts
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Drawing Center
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think parents are excited when they’re kids end up in my class because they know it’ll be a year on the go, both because of the “simulated U.S. travel itinerary” and the actual New York City traveling that goes on during the year. Looking forward to another great school year!
Filed under: Kids Travel, Museum Favorites, New York, NY, Zoo / Animals | Tagged: Beautiful Children, Big City Life, Brooklyn New York, Central Park Zoo, Children Museums, Childrens Museums, City Vacations, Free Stuff For Kids, Fun For Kids, I Love NY 2, Itbt, Kids Having Fun, Living In New York, Sitebuilder, Things To Do Places To See | Leave a comment »