Two or three times a year, my parents take me and the kids on a fantastic vacation, all expenses paid. I have a brother and sister-in-law and a niece who either get their own vacation with mom and dad or join us. This year it’ll be the whole family. Obviously we all get input into the destination, but m&d get the final say. And this year, we’ll all be going to…SAN FRANCISCO!
I am really excited. I have never been to San Fran and have always wanted to. Sometimes the trips are small, like 2-3 nights in the mountains nearby, but it seems like this is going to be a biggie. We’ll be going for 8 days and they already have quite an itinerary.
Here are the definites, and of course, if anyone has any MUST DO’S, please let me know so I can pass on the advice to my parents:
- Basic Brown Bear Factory – This will obviously be a winner with the kids, but I’ve always loved factory tours, so I’m looking forward to this as well. And my mother actually collects teddy bears, so that’s probably the real reason why we’re going.
- Wax Museum at Fisherman’s Wharf – None of us (except my sister-in-law) have ever been to a wax museum. I, of course, am most looking forward to Elvis Presley. Alexandra says she can’t wait to see Leonardo DiCaprio – how does she even know who that is?
- Alcatraz Island – This one is really my dad’s top choice, so he says “it ain’t gettin’ moved off any list.” So here ya go, dad.
It’s a small list so far, but they only just decided on a location this morning and we don’t leave till mid-July. So we’ve got plenty of time. I only wanted to share because I was so excited about the announcement and I have friends who keep asking where we’re going this summer!
Anyways, as always, please feel free to offer advice! Like what are the best beaches? Is it worth it to go to the zoo up there (Oakland Zoo or the San Francisco Zoological Gardens) if we have such a good zoo (Zoo Atlanta) right near our new home?
Thanks for your help!
- Factory Tours in San Francisco Bay Area, Carmel, Napa Valley, Central CA
- Museums in San Francisco Bay Area, Carmel, Napa Valley, Central CA
- Historical Sites in San Francisco Bay Area, Carmel, Napa Valley, Central CA
- Zoos and Aquariums in San Francisco Bay Area, Carmel, Monterey, Central CA
- Botanical Gardens in San Francisco Bay Area, Carmel, Napa Valley, CA
- What to do this summer?
Filed under: Beach Bum, Best Beaches, California Dreaming, Museum Favorites, Zoo / Animals | Tagged: 2006 Turin, Children Museums, Factory Tour, Fun Stuff For Kids, Itineraries, Just For Kids, Kids Travel, Leather Bear, MUST DO'S, Oakland CA, Oakland Zoo, Sarah Parsons, SF Bay Area, This Summer, Wax Museum | 1 Comment »