Fall Foliage trips are a great addition to a business trip or for a quick weeeknd away or even for a longer family vacation. First 10 reasons why it is great –
- Weather has cooled off
- Crowds are less (if you pick the destination right) – like Long Island Fall Foliage
- Apple Cider
- Harvest Festivals – like Pennsylvania Fall Foliage in Amish country
- Close to East Coast population centers
- Apple Cider
- Can be done on a tight budget
- Can spend lots of money (e.g. Cruise to see Maine Coast Fall Foliage)
- New England Fall Foliage makes the quaint and historic towns even MORE quaint and historic
- You can still do all the usual vacation stuff – golf, museums, theme parks, zoos, etc.
And, 10 destinations:
- New Hampshire
- Upstate New York – Fall Foliage Trips, Catskills Fall Foliage , Adirondack Fall Foliage
- Central Park, Alley Park, Prospect Park – New York City Fall Foliage
- Massachusetts Fall Foliage in the Boston suburbs (e.g. Concord, MA)
- DC, Virginia and Maryland Fall Foliage – its not just the Cherry Blossoms that are famous, here
- Virginia Fall Foliage is at its best in the Shenandoah, and Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Colorado Fall Foliage just a month or two before the skiers arrive. Enjoy the Colorado Rockies Fall colors less than an hour from Denver.
- New Mexico Fall Foliage for a different experience
- Fall Foliage in the Four Corners region – don’t expect crowds.
And an honorable mention for Pittsburgh for Southwest Pennsylvania Fall Foliage. Who would guess that one!
Filed under: Boston Spirit, Holiday Ideas, New York, NY | Tagged: Affordable Family Vacation, Arlington Virginia, Ayurveda New York, Brooklyn New York, Costal Vacations, Fall Fashions, Fall Foliage Cruises, Fun In New York City, I Love NY 2, Itbt, Ithaca NY, Katie King, New York City Notes, New York Nightlife, TopTen, West Virgina | 1 Comment »