Posted on September 1, 2008 by Peter Brody
Fall Foliage trips are a great addition to a business trip or for a quick weeeknd away or even for a longer family vacation. First 10 reasons why it is great –
- Weather has cooled off
- Crowds are less (if you pick the destination right) – like Long Island Fall Foliage
- Apple Cider
- Harvest Festivals – like Pennsylvania Fall Foliage in Amish country
- Close to East Coast population centers
- Apple Cider
- Can be done on a tight budget
- Can spend lots of money (e.g. Cruise to see Maine Coast Fall Foliage)
- New England Fall Foliage makes the quaint and historic towns even MORE quaint and historic
- You can still do all the usual vacation stuff – golf, museums, theme parks, zoos, etc.
And, 10 destinations:
- New Hampshire
- Upstate New York – Fall Foliage Trips, Catskills Fall Foliage , Adirondack Fall Foliage
- Central Park, Alley Park, Prospect Park – New York City Fall Foliage
- Massachusetts Fall Foliage in the Boston suburbs (e.g. Concord, MA)
- DC, Virginia and Maryland Fall Foliage – its not just the Cherry Blossoms that are famous, here
- Virginia Fall Foliage is at its best in the Shenandoah, and Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Colorado Fall Foliage just a month or two before the skiers arrive. Enjoy the Colorado Rockies Fall colors less than an hour from Denver.
- New Mexico Fall Foliage for a different experience
- Fall Foliage in the Four Corners region – don’t expect crowds.
And an honorable mention for Pittsburgh for Southwest Pennsylvania Fall Foliage. Who would guess that one!
Filed under: Boston Spirit, Holiday Ideas, New York, NY | Tagged: Affordable Family Vacation, Arlington Virginia, Ayurveda New York, Brooklyn New York, Costal Vacations, Fall Fashions, Fall Foliage Cruises, Fun In New York City, I Love NY 2, Itbt, Ithaca NY, Katie King, New York City Notes, New York Nightlife, TopTen, West Virgina | 1 Comment »
Posted on July 23, 2008 by Sharon Parson
I thought I’d continue the top beach conversation (Dana, thanks for the new list!). This time, I’ve got a list of the top beach resorts for families. The original list from parents.com includes beaches in Jamaica and the Bahamas, but I’ve excluded those for the sake of continuity of the conversation.
- South Seas Island Resort – Captiva Island Beach, Florida
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort – Vero Beach, Florida
- Hilton Hawaiian Village – Oahu, Hawaii
- Ocean Edge Resort & Spa – Brewster, Massachusetts
- Loews Coronado Bay Beach Resort & Spa – San Diego, California
- Club Med Sandpiper – Port St. Lucie, Florida
- La Costa Resort & Spa – Carlsbad, California
- Amelia Island Plantation – Florida
- Hyatt Regency – Maui Resort, Hawaii
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort – South Carolina
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa – Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- The Resort at Singer Island – Florida
- Sebasco Harbor Resort – Sebasco Estates, Maine
Enjoy beach season!
Filed under: Beach Bum, Best Beaches, California Dreaming, Costal Vacations, Florida Vacation, Hawaii Travel, Kids Travel | Tagged: Beach Walking, Big Island Hawaii, Eco Family Adventure, Family Fun Ideas, Family Vaction, Go Hawaii, Hawaiian Culture, Itbt, Jacksonville Beach, Katie King, Ocean Scenery, Sitebuilder, Teens And Family, TopTen | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 28, 2008 by Peter Brody
- Amelia Island Plantation – Amelia Island, Florida
- Barton Creek Resort & Spa – Austin, Texas
- The Broadmoor – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Kapalua Resort – Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii
- Pebble Beach Resorts – Pebble Beach, California
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort – Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- Mauna Lani Resort – Big Island, Hawaii
- Pinehurst Resort – Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Reynolds Plantation – Greensboro, Georgia
- Turning Stone Resort & Casino – Verona, New York
(Thanks, USA Today.)
By the way, I’m back from Jackson Hole where I enjoyed some golf myself at Jackson Hole G&TC. I wouldn’t put it on a top ten list, but it was fun and it’s nice to play golf in warm air with snow capped mountains in the background.
Filed under: Hawaii Travel, Holiday Ideas, Vacation Plans | Tagged: 2006 Turin, Amelia Island, Big Island Hawaii, Broadmoor, Business & Golf, Golf Apparel, Golf Channel, Golf Course Communities, Golf Getaways, Golf History, GolfWeek, Honolulu Weekly, Kiawah Island, Mens Golf, NC Cities, Pam Dreyer, TopTen | 1 Comment »