I’ve got some college buddies staying with me for the week. Two are unemployed, one is engaged, and the other is just a cheapskate, and they’ve never been to Los Angeles before. So they want a complete tour of LA…for free. Fortunately, they’ve got me as their guide and I know the ins and outs of the city and how to have packed days without spending a dime.
- Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits – free on the first Tuesday of each month. The Page Museum has the largest collection of Ice Age fossils.
- Getty Museum – parking is $7, but the museum is free…and beautiful.
- Santa Monica Pier – A fun and free place to walk around.
- Venice Boardwalk – Street performers, crazy people, fun for tourists. They leave here thinking everyone is LA is strange.
- California Science Center – Admission is free, parking is about $5 I think.
- Grauman’s Chinese Theater – Tours cost money, but walking around the forecourt is free.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- African American Firefighters Museum
- MOCA at the Pacific Design Center – free on Thursdays 5-8pm.
- Los Angeles County Natural History Museum – free the first Tuesday of the month.
Filed under: California Dreaming, Museum Favorites | Tagged: Childrens Museum, City Museum, Free Things, Getty Museum, Hollywood Walk Of Fame, J Paul Getty Museum, La Brea, Los Angeles CA, Los Angeles California, Museum Reviews, Museum Shows, Natureplex, Page Museum, San Diego California, Santa Monica Pier, Sightseeing Travel, State Library of Western Australia, Things To Do Places To See | 1 Comment »