Posted on December 22, 2008 by Dana Hammond
I just read an article in the New York Times travel section (albeit a year old) about Buckhead, which is just north of Atlanta’s central downtown area—or we say “uptown” since it tends to be classier, more upscale, and a lot more expensive. According to the NYTimes article, it’s “one the of the nation’s wealthiest communities…the Beverly Hills of the South.” Now I don’t know if I’d go THAT far, but it certainly is a very nice area, with beautiful malls, great restaurants and bars (yes, I’ve created for myself a bit of a social life), museums, and stunning houses and hotels.
Here are some places in the Buckhead area that are worth checking out:
Filed under: Atlanta, GA, Holiday Ideas, Shopping Days | Tagged: City Museum, City Of Milton GA, Comparison Shopping, Creative Shopping, Good Shopping, Historic Site, Macon GA, Mall Girl, Metropolitan Museum, Museum Exhibits, Museum Shows, Natureplex, Outlet Mall, Outlet Shopping, Things To Do In Atlanta, Travel Miscellany, University Of Bath | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 21, 2008 by Kevin Shaw
Now there’s a concept. I only recently became introduced to the concept of the “wine spa” recently when I treated my girlfriend (who is now an ex-girlfriend, but I promise it was not spa related) to a weekend up in Wine Country that included some spa going. We discovered that it’s quite a trend to include wine and grapes in spa treatments. Apparently it’s a tradition from Bordeaux, France that made its way over to the U.S., and particularly to Northern California. Most of these spas (following) are located in vineyards or are at least nearby. I’ll list the spa and then one or two treatments offered on their spa menu that includes grapes or wine.
- The Spa at the Carneros Inn – Napa, California – Chardonnay Anti-Oxidant Wine Therapy Facial
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa – Carmel Valley, California – Lavender Grape Seed Bath
- Silverado Resort and Spa – Napa, California – Chardonnay Sugar Scrub
- The Raindance Spa at the Lodge of Sonoma – Sonoma, California Grape Seed Antioxidant Facial
- Meadowood Resort – Napa Valley, California – Cabernet Crush Body Polish
- Spa Vigne at the Fess Parker’s Wine Country Inn – Los Olivos, California – Grape Seed Body Butter Massage, Wine Infusion Wrap
- Auberge du Soileil Resort & Spa – Rutherford (Napa Valley), California – Rosehip and Grape Seed Body Masque, Warm Grape Seed Oil Massage
- Mount View Hotel & Spa – Calistoga, California – Rosemary Grape Seed Scrub
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort & Spa – San Louis Obispo, California – Chardonnay Anti-Aging Wrap, Chardonnay Antioxidant Sugar Scrub
- Waterstone Spa at the Lithia Springs Resort & Gardens – Ashland, Oregon – Champagne and Rose Body Scrub
- Chateau E’lan Winery & Spa Resort – Braselton, Georgia – Chateau Winery Harvest Crush, Antioxidant Winery Bath
Filed under: California Dreaming, Holiday Ideas, Vacation Plans | Tagged: 3d Cg, California Adventure, California Vineyard, Los Angeles CA, Mass Tourism, Online Travel Sites, San Diego California, San Francisco California, Sightseeing Travel, Southern California Attractions, Spectacular Spas, Tour Planning, Travel Place, University Of Bath, Vacation Ideas, Vacation News, What's Your Trip | 1 Comment »
Posted on November 15, 2008 by Kevin Shaw
I was watching the news the other day and heard “lizard watch” which I thought was odd. My friend said that they had said “blizzard watch” but I dismissed that because I thought it was an impossibility for blizzards to start so early in the year. But he was right—a blizzard watch started in the mid-northwest. I don’t think there was a blizzard in the end, but there was definitely snow. And the first snowfall means…ski season is here! I would check with each of these for specific dates, but some of these places open as early as now, others not until late November or December.
- Steamboat Springs Ski Resort Area – Colorado
- Loveland Ski Resort Area – Georgetown, Colorado
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort Area – Vail, Coloradao
- Beaver Creek Ski Resort Area – Vail Colorado
- Winter Park Ski Resort Area – Colorado
- Wolf Creek Ski Resort Area – Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort Area – Colorado
- Alta Ski Resort Area – Albion, Utah
- Solitude Ski Resort Area – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Snowbird Ski Resort Area – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Powder Mountain Ski Resort – Huntsville, Utah
- Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort Area – Bend, Oregon
- Grand Targhee Ski Resort Area – Alta, Wyoming
- Jackson Hole Ski Resort Area – Teton Village, Wyoming
- Mt. Baker Ski Resort Area – Glacier, Washington
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort Area – Bishop, California
- Killington Ski Resort Area – Killington Mountain, Vermont
- Jay Peak Ski Resort Area – Vermont
- Sunday River Ski Resort Area – Bethel, Maine
- Bretton Woods Ski Resort Area – New Hampshire
See you on the slopes!
Filed under: California Dreaming, Holiday Ideas, Vacation Plans | Tagged: 3d Cg, A Basin Ski Resort, American Skier, Aspen Colorado, Extreme Skiing, Freestyle Skiing, Heavenly Ski Resort, Nordic Skiing, Ski Industry, Ski Jump, Ski Lift, Ski North America, Ski Northstar Tahoe, Skiing Holidays, Skiing Women, University Of Bath, US Ski And Snowboard Association | 1 Comment »
Posted on September 22, 2008 by Peter Brody
There is nothing unmanly about relaxation. Some guys play video games, some guys work out, and some guys go to spas. When I leave a spa, either after a simple shiatsu massage or after a full day go at skin care and specific body work, I feel so relaxed and distressed that I feel the effects of it for weeks afterwards. According to Men’s Health magazine, “Any vacation is a good vacation. But the best ones can calm your mind, refresh your body, revive your relationships, and maybe even extend your life.” I couldn’t agree more. And it’s a great way to meet chicks…or make one very happy if you’ve already got one. It’s a romantic valentine’s gift or anniversary idea. Or, more likely (for me at least) a way I can get out of the city (or feel like I’ve left the city) and completely relax and take care of my body. A lot of spas have fitness centers on their premises, so you really get to feel like you’re working towards a healthier existence.
Here are some great spas that offer spa treatments for men—sports massages, facials, back skin care, and male manicures and pedicures, among others.
Filed under: Holiday Business, Holiday Ideas, Travel Industry, Vacation Plans | Tagged: 3d Cg, Ayurveda New York, I Love New York 2, Man Women Issues, Mass Tourism, Real Men Of Genius, Sitebuilder, Spa / Day Spa, Spa Day, Spa Weekend, Spa Wellness, Tour Planning, Travel Location, Travel Place, What's Your Trip | 1 Comment »